CEILINGS IN CASINOS
However, regular gaming halls are only a part of the spaces that will undergo renovations for companies wanting to take advantage of legalized gambling laws. The primary profits are expected to come from large casino owners, and these establishments will need to be built from scratch or reconstruct spaces previously used for other purposes.
The interior finishing of a casino is a complex task that requires a professional approach. For such establishments, individuality is crucial, so designers strive to deviate as much as possible from standard solutions. Regarding ceiling finishing, it is essential to use materials and structures that combine excellent operational qualities with high design potential.
Ceilings in casinos can be roughly divided into several groups:
- Ceilings in actual gaming halls and other areas accessible to visitors.
- Ceilings in technical zones and staff areas.
In the first case, the focus is primarily on design, as mentioned earlier. Non-standard solutions, the ability to use various colors and textures, design and shade resistance are among the priorities for ceiling structures installed in gaming halls.
From a practical standpoint, ceilings for both casinos themselves and ceiling structures for technical rooms should be almost identical. Priorities for them include:
- Mechanical strength
- Fire resistance (which should be maximum, as casinos will undergo stringent checks)
- Resistance to moisture (and wet cleaning)
- Corrosion resistance
An important requirement is a modular structure and the ability to mount at a certain distance from the supporting ceiling panel. The reason is quite evident: the casino interior should be neat and sophisticated, so all utilities should be hidden from prying eyes. The most convenient place for their placement is behind the ceiling cladding. This is where all the wires and essential elements of the security system, which monitors player behavior and prevents abuse, are placed.
SOLUTIONS FOR CASINOS
Which ceiling structures can be used for casinos? In principle, ceilings recommended for regular gaming halls are also quite applicable here. However, there are specific considerations to be taken into account:
- Rack ceilings with decorative rails are excellent for small spaces such as smoking rooms, offices, and restrooms. The features of the rack ceiling allow its use in rooms of almost any size, but there is a chance of bending the rails on large surfaces. In this case, it is crucial to choose slats made of thickened material and strictly adhere to the installation technology.
- Cassette Ceiling is another versatile solution for casinos. Everything depends on the specific cassettes used: standard models are used for technical rooms, while ceiling cassettes with maximum decorative characteristics are used for gaming halls and lobbies.
- Cubic-shaped ceilings are ideal for casinos, specifically for placement in gaming halls. Firstly, the design looks aesthetically pleasing and can serve as a true interior decoration. Secondly, the sparse placement of slats allows the installation of lighting fixtures and surveillance system elements between them without sacrificing the room’s design.
Another solution that works well for casinos is a ceiling that transitions into a wall. When implementing such a design, ceiling panels identical to those used for the ceiling are also used for wall finishing. This allows achieving design unity and coordinating the finishing into a single system—both for the ceiling and the wall. Additionally, using a metal profile for wall finishing allows for effective concealment of utilities, similar to the ceiling.
When choosing a ceiling for a casino, you can base your decision on an already approved design or follow recommendations provided by MehBud factory experts.