Today, companies that manufacture fencing structures offer customers a vast range of various modifications, from the simplest and budget-friendly options to the most modern ones. Among them, there are fences that have been in demand for many decades, including the “Rancho” fence.
The panel metal fence “Rancho” is also produced at the “MehBud” factory. We will discuss the features and advantages of such fences in our review.
Features of “Rancho” Fence Structures
The prototype for the “Rancho” fence was wooden stake fences, which were commonly used in rural areas to enclose pastures, cattle pens, gardens, and more. Traditionally, these fences were made from wood, which was readily available but lacked an attractive appearance and had a limited service life.
The primary advantage of such fences was their simplicity of construction: using long stakes, one could enclose a large area with minimal effort. However, these fences only provided protection against animal movement; humans could easily climb over them.
In the middle of the last century, the design of stake fences served as the basis for designing fences with horizontally placed panels – initially made of wood and later of metal. The new “Rancho” fence became more reliable, durable, and aesthetically pleasing, which led to its use as a fencing solution for private residences and commercial properties.
“Rancho” Fence from the “MehBud” Factory: Main Variations
The “MehBud” factory has been producing “Rancho” fences for quite some time, and experience shows that these fences continue to be in demand even in comparison to more modern variations:
- The slats are available in 4 primary sizes: 85, 105, 135, and 185 mm. The width of the slats not only determines the fence’s appearance but also its mechanical qualities. The presence of ribbing prevents longitudinal deformations in narrow components and prevents twisting in the transverse plane for wider slats.
- The slats are made from galvanized steel with a protective and decorative polymer coating.
- The “Rancho” fence is available in any color from the RAL color catalog.
- Additionally, it is possible to apply a natural wood texture to the slats using PRINTECH technology or to paint the components in any color from the RAL color catalog.
Two variations of the “Rancho” fences are popular:
- Single-sided option – involves placing slats with a specific gap so that the front surface of each slat faces outward. This design leaves horizontal openings that provide ventilation and do not obstruct natural lighting on the property.
- Double-sided modification – involves a dual-row installation of slats. Panels are arranged in two rows with gaps overlapping: the inner row is mounted with the front side facing the property, and the outer row with the front side facing the street. In addition to increasing strength, this design provides maximum privacy and more effective intrusion protection.
Above, we noted that the “Rancho” fence is available in 4 primary sizes. Here, we will provide a detailed description of the key characteristics of these fences:
- Rancho S. Slats with a width of 85 mm – the narrowest model in the Rancho lineup. The small dimensions of the slats reduce the likelihood of their transverse deformation. Additionally, the ventilated design made of narrow slats has a visually light appearance, harmoniously blending with various landscaping elements.
- Rancho M. Slats with a width of 105 mm – a narrow Rancho slat. The small dimensions of the slats reduce the likelihood of their transverse deformation. Additionally, the ventilated design made of narrow slats has a visually light appearance, harmoniously blending with various landscaping elements.
- Rancho L. Slats with a width of 135 mm – an option with intermediate width. It’s an ideal choice when the goal is to closely mimic a wooden fence made of stakes or planks. The 135 mm slats have sufficient resistance to deformation, both longitudinally and transversely.
- Rancho XL. Slats with a width of 185 mm – an option with an increased width of slats. In addition to greater rigidity, this design also has a solid appearance. The fence looks substantial, and the sturdy slats provide the necessary strength reserves.
For designer fences, a “Combo” option is also available. By combining slats of different widths, you can achieve the desired visual effect while maintaining the fence’s operational qualities, such as strength, reliability, and durability.
EL RANCHO: THE SAME PRINCIPLES, NEW SHAPE
In 2019, the “MehBud” plant introduced a new product to the market – the EL Rancho fence. Like its predecessor, it is a ventilated fence made of horizontally installed slats, but the special shape of the slats makes EL Rancho truly unique:
- Unlike traditional rectangular slats, the slats of the EL Rancho fence have a triangular shape.
- They are placed in pairs in sections, so straight and diagonal openings between the slats alternate.
- Visually, the section looks like a lattice but retains all the advantages of a panel ventilated fence.
The choice of EL Rancho is primarily based on the appearance of such a fence. It is indeed a non-standard modern fence option: practical, reliable, and durable. Moreover, EL Rancho harmonizes well with both modern architectural ensembles and buildings in a classic style.
Overall, EL Rancho is a novelty that is quickly gaining popularity and catching up with traditional solutions.
FOR WHICH OBJECTS IS THIS FENCE SUITABLE?
The choice of an object for which the “Rancho” fence is suitable is primarily determined by the origin of such fences. Originally, they were considered fences for agricultural facilities, so they are most commonly installed:
- Around private houses, cottages, and rural properties.
- Around rural commercial properties such as restaurants, hotels, and vacation homes.
- Around green spaces such as parks, squares, and arboretums.
The installation of the double-sided modification provides increased privacy and protection for the property. Therefore, “Rancho” of this type is also used to fence private areas where access by outsiders is undesirable.
But the idea that “Rancho” can only be used in rural areas is becoming outdated. Fences of this type, painted in gray, white, or chocolate colors, as well as some other shades, look great even in modern urban environments. That’s why “Rancho” is also chosen for fencing:
- Residential complexes.
- Parking lots.
- Areas in front of public and commercial buildings.
Nevertheless, the primary sphere of application for “Rancho” remains the fencing of buildings in cottage communities and towns. In secure areas, you can confidently install even single-sided modifications without fearing unwanted guests.
WHY “RANCHO” SPECIFICALLY: AN OVERVIEW OF ADVANTAGES
What is the secret behind the popularity of “Rancho” fences? The main reason for the demand for such structures is, of course, their appearance. The design that imitates a wooden fence made of horizontal boards or beams often looks more appropriate than other options, which is why “Rancho” is primarily chosen for its design.
But apart from the appearance, fences of this type have other advantages:
- Easy installation. Firstly, the structure can be attached to almost any support posts, from metal to brick, without the need for an additional support frame. Secondly, the gap between the slats can be adjusted, and this does not require the purchase of special guides with a predetermined fastening pitch for the parts.
Let’s take a closer look at the installation technology, which is one of the advantages of the “Rancho” fence:
- Vertical load-bearing elements of the fence use “Omega” or “Square” posts. Typically, these posts are made from galvanized steel with a protective and decorative polymer coating of the same shade as the profile.
- Rails of the chosen width profile “Rancho” are attached between the posts. The spacing between the rails can be chosen arbitrarily, depending on design preferences and the need for natural lighting/ventilation of the area.
- The construction can be installed without an additional frame. However, if the fence project includes it, the “Rancho” fence sections are attached to support posts made of wood, metal, brick, etc. Welding is usually not required for attachment; the section is securely fastened with mechanical fasteners.
The advantages of this design are high installation speed and reliable fixation. It is important to accurately follow the dimensions of the sections during manufacturing to avoid gaps or the need for part adjustments during installation.
“Rancho” is a fence with the highest versatility and good reliability and durability indicators. A rich palette (even in the standard version) and the ability to install slats at different distances provide significant design potential for these fences. If you are interested in this fence modification, specialists from the “MehBud” plant will provide you with all the necessary consultations or manufacture constructions according to your requirements.